RTK Accuracy Benefits
- Offers sub-inch pass-to-pass accuracy
- Reduced overlap - The less overlap there is, the fewer amount of inputs are used. This will potentially help you reduce overall costs.
- No satellite drift - With a satellite-based guidance system, drift is inevitable. Whether it is starting up a tractor in the morning or servicing it during the day, A-B lines can drift during those time periods. With RTK, satellite drift is not an issue because the stationary local base station is now providing the corrections.
We own a network of 21 base stations covering 15+ counties in Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. Through this, we can provide our customers with a reliable RTK correction signal to enhance the accuracy of their equipment in the field.
How to connect to on of our base stations.
- Click here to view a map of where our base stations are located.
- Click below or contact your sales representative to discuss equipment and subscription requirements.
Why RTK is important?
GPS systems work off triangulation between reference satellites and a ground receiver. Traditional GPS systems inherently have accuracy issues due to satellite drift and signal interference.
How RTK can benefit you?
RTK systems enhance the accuracy of the standard GPS systems by introducing a localized reference point called a base-station.
What Is an RTK base station?
An RTK base station is a fixed reference point on the Earth. It receives raw GPS positional data from the satellites and then creates a correction factor. The RTK base station transmits correctional data to your equipment receivers through FM radio transmission.
How it all works together.
Through the triangulation of raw GPS signal and RTK corrections, your in-field equipment will now be capable of a repeatable sub-inch pass-to-pass accuracy.
Accuracy depends on the distance between the base station and the vehicle. At 12 miles from a base station, a vehicle has one inch of accuracy 68% of the time, but the closer the vehicle is to the base station, the more accurate the signal is.